There are multiple ways through which you can setup Netgear range extender. Here you will find how you can install the Netgear Genie Setup range extender with the help of WPS.
The best way to connect extender with the existing Wi-Fi is through WPS provided the router must support the same WPS function.
The steps by which you can establish connection with the devices are as follows:
- Set the AP switch to the extender mode.
- Both the devices must be place in the same room.
- Provide power supply to extender.
- Tap on WPS button on the extender.
- Now, you need to wait for 2 minutes and tap the WPS switch on the router as well.
- This should glow solid green light on extender and router. In case the light doesn’t glow perform the step again.
- In case of Wi-Fi connectivity with 5GHz band you need to perform the above mentioned step again so that the Wi-Fi connects the extender with the 5 GHz band as well.
- To allow Wi-Fi connectivity in the weak signal area move Netgear extender to that area.
- Now, you need to provide power supply to Netgear extender. After this you will be able to receive signals in the provided space.
- If the netgear wifi extender n300 setup was not successfully then, you need to start the procedure again by moving extender in the same room as router.
- If the connection is established then use a portable device with enabled Wi-Fi to check the internet connectivity.
- After the connection is established, the extender will creates two extended Wi-Fi networks.
- The names will be similar to the name of Wi-Fi network names along with an extension _EXT.
- Suppose the names of the two Wi-Fi networks are: MyNetworkName_2GEXT and MyNetworkName_5GEXT
- You may keep the same password for both networks as of your router.
Following the above mentioned step you will be able to access internet connectivity all over your home, even the place where there use to be minimal signal connectivity.