There are many reasons that can cause fluctuation within the connection between your device and Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender. Today, in this post we will discuss some reasons for this problem along with their possible solutions. You must read the steps carefully and patiently.
If you are getting an issue in fixing the wireless range extender on your router, then you need to visit Netgear Wifi Extender Setup Page. You can also enter the direct address of your wireless range extender within the search bar.
Now, we are going to discuss common causes of intermittent connection to your wireless range extender.
- The wifi range extender settings and router settings must match with each other in order to connect the device to the network. If you want to check the settings of your range extender, then check out the settings page of your wifi range extender manufacturer website.
- As we all know that the range extender works on radio technology. The distance covered by radio devices is limited. If you have placed your wifi range extender far away from your router, then you may get the issue in getting the signal strength on it. So, it is advisable to keep the extender at that place where it can catch and transmit the signal easily without interruption.
- As all the devices within the range are using the same wifi network, so this affects the bandwidth of your range extender. In such cases, you can either move the device closer to the extender or disconnect all the devices and connect a single device at a time. This will improve the connectivity of your extender. It is always recommended to connect the device with the range extender via Ethernet cable in order to get the best internet speed.
- Another cause of the problem is wireless interference from nearby devices. All the electronics devices that emit electromagnetic radiation can affect your wifi signals. To get rid of this problem, place your range extender at least 10 feet away from such devices so that signal doesn’t get reflected by obstruction.
- The firmware version of the wireless range extender plays a crucial role in the signal strength of the extender. If the firmware version is old or outdated, then update it at the earliest. This will fix the connection problem.
If you want to know more about the WiFi extender then, check out mywifiext net setup wizard on the web. For any help, you can connect with Netgear wifi extender experts.