With the recent surge in the popularity of tanning, many people are flocking to salons to use tanning booths or beds to build and maintain a healthy tan, but some people are still leery of the effects of ultraviolet light, and other people simply cannot afford to pay for tanning sessions.
One of the best alternatives to indoor tanning is sunless tanning, which offers a realistic looking tan from a bottle. These products come in cream, gel, or spray-on form, and there are benefits and drawbacks to each.
If you choose spray-on sunless tanning, a number of things can be done to improve the results. You can have your tan sprayed on at a tanning salon, or you can apply it yourself.
You can buy various types of spray tanning products from https://saltyface.ca/products/freckle-stain.
Whichever option you choose, here are a few tips for spray tanning, to make sure the application goes smoothly.
1. Exfoliate – All the self-tanner in the world will do you no good if it attaches itself to dead skin that is about to come off your body! Use a loofah sponge in the bath the night before you self-tan to remove these dead skin cells.
2. Moisturize – Applying a good moisturizer a few hours before you self tan is a great way to make sure your skin is ready to accept the self-tanner.
3. Choose your clothes carefully – You should pick clothes that cover all the parts you do not wish to tan. Self-tanning nude is not recommended for newcomers, because the results can be unpredictable. Make sure you select tight fitting clothes so that the self-tanner cannot go under your sleeves. You should also choose dark colored clothes, since spray tanners will stain light clothes.
4. Use gloves – Nobody looks good with orange palms, so when you spray tanner on your hands in order to tan your face, don a pair of latex gloves to prevent stains.
5. If you are going to a tanning salon, follow the instructions! Self-tanning booths typically have a handout, so read up, and make sure you know what to do!