Ever wondered what causes sink drain clogging in your house? Certain actions can help prevent this from happening. The article provides few tips that may be helpful in sink drain plumbing.
Image Source Google
Tips for Preventing Clogged Sink Drain Plumbing
If your sink is taking a long time to drain, there may be something blocking the drain. Clogged sinks are one of the most common plumbing problems, and they can be frustrating. Here are some tips to help prevent clogging
1. Clean the sink and all surrounding areas immediately after using it. This includes washing your hands and all surfaces that came in contact with food.
2. Don't pour grease or fat down the sink. These substances will block drains quickly.
3. Don't use harsh chemicals to clean your sink. These chemicals can also cause drainage problems.
4. Run cold water until the sink has started draining properly after using it, then turn off the water supply and wait a few minutes before turning it back on. This will clear any debris that was in the pipes before you used the water.
How to Avoid Bad Drain Odors
One of the most common problems that homeowners face is a clogged sink drain. When this happens, water can’t flow easily down the drain and can start to smell bad. Here are some tips to help prevent this from happening:
1. Use garbage disposal that is in good working order. If your garbage disposal isn’t draining properly, food particles can build up and cause a bad odor.
2. Clear any debris from around the sink drain opening regularly. This includes anything that might block the flow of water down the drain, like leaves or snow.